This is our classic chai. Spicy as a pumpkin pie and just as good for what ails you.
Our Market Chai is blended (unsweetened) in Brunswick. Brew it strong and serve it with sugar and lots of milk for that classic chai experience.
For those of you wanting something a little racier, here's how to make a chai latté like the ones we serve at our café:
- Brew 10 teaspoons of Market Chai with 500ml of boiling water for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the mixture and use the water/syrup as the basis for the latté
- Fill the glass 1/3 full with the tea syrup and add a teaspoon of honey
- Steam the milk as you would for a normal latté and pour it in
- Dust cinnamon or nutmeg on top
Ingredients: Afternoon pekoe, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, star anise, red pepper.